- YouWiN! Connect is a Federal Ministry of Finance media enterprise education programme designed to assist entrepreneurs start, plan and grow their businesses. It is being syndicated across national newspapers and online media on Sundays and Wednesdays. Radio and Television editions will be launched soon.
- The initial YouWiN! programme took off in October 2011 as a business plan competition aimed at stimulating entrepreneurship, innovation and job creation among the Nigerian youth. Since inception, it has midwifed 3,900 enterprises.
- A formal review of the programme undertaken by the Ministry of Finance found that, whilst successful, at the initial stage of enterprise development, the YouWiN! programme needed enhancement to ensure sustainability. Specifically, the findings suggested that funding should be combined with an increased focus on enterprise education to better prepare entrepreneurs in areas such as accessing bank finance, book keeping, accounting, marketing and tax filing.
- This has influenced the redesign as YouWiN!Connect, which takes YouWiN! to the next level. The overall aim of YouWiN!Connect is to develop the next generation of successful Nigerian-owned enterprises across the nation, fully equipped to compete on the global stage.
- YouWiN!Connect has also set up an advisory board comprising experts in different areas of business and entrepreneurship, who will answer questions from members of the public weekly
For all you need to know about the Government of Nigeria’s policies and programmes. Produced by the Presidency Office of Digital Engagement (PODE).